WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
At Eurotech we help customers and partners in operating large fleets of IoT devices and developing business solutions using our Everyware Cloud, Everyware Software Framework and our IoT hardware devices.
The DevOps team is responsible for deploying and maintaining numerous environments of Everyware Cloud on multiple cloud providers as well as keeping other internal Eurotech production systems running smoothly.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be responsible for monitoring system performance, troubleshooting technical issues, deploying code changes and collaborate with other teams to ensure the best possible experience for our customers while using Eurotech managed services.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
After an initial training phase, you are expected to:
- Develop solutions to enable reliability and operability of large distributed systems handling billions of messages and requests per month
- Build tools and automation to eliminate toil and reduce operational overhead
- Understands observability patterns and manage capacity, reliability and performance to meet service SLOs
- Deploy releases of applications and services in collaboration with development teams
- Maintain documentation related to system operation procedures
- Troubleshoot production outages and implement fault tolerance solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Partner with Eurotech’s technical support and customers’ operations team on resolving complex issues affecting service reliability and performance
- Identifying appropriate use of cloud operational best practices
WHO YOU ARE
Technical Expertise Required
- Experience with at least one programming or scripting language (e.g., Python, Java, shell scripting)
- Strong Linux/Unix systems fundamentals
- 3+ years professional experience in hands-on engineering roles including operating production environments in public clouds: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with Configuration Management (SaltStack, Ansible), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Familiar with observability such as white and black box monitoring, service level objective alerting, and telemetry collection using tools such as Grafana, Prometheus and ELK stack
- Understanding of security vulnerability and assessment processes
- Time management, attention to detail, expectation setting and organizational skills to provide solid service management. Ability to work on own initiatives with minimal management supervision
- A team player with self-motivation
- Energized by working with a multinational team in a rapidly growing business
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English language
Technical Expertise Desired
Other skills that would be desirable include:
- Experience with technologies such as ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Kafka, MySQL with a focus on reliability, automation, operability and performance
- Questions experience and values real world field data; practical problem solving; critical thinker with excellent judgment and initiative
- Experience regularly interacting with customers, and a focus on resolving their requests with a sense of urgency
We are looking for candidates with various degrees of seniority, so feel free to apply even if you feel you do not match the job description.
Eurotech is a visionary leader in IoT and Edge AI technologies, acting with speed, dedication, and ambition. We empower our employees to have an impact on the business with what they do, everyday. Working in an environment where their expertise is valued and nurtured, our employees are trusted to be autonomous and do their best. Our values are reflected in our behaviours: we work with enthusiasm and an unwavering focus on our customers’ needs, within a culture of respect and integrity, realizing our passion for technology.