Amaro (Italy), September 7th, 2016 – Eurotech, a leading provider of embedded systems, Machine-to-Machine (M2M) platforms and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, today announced a series of new IoT Development Kits based on the ReliaGATE family of IoT gateways for industrial and lightly rugged applications.
Eurotech IoT Development Kits provide a complete, high-quality design environment allowing engineers to significantly simplify the development process and reduce Time-to-Market. Depending on the intended IoT application final solution, a developer or solution architect can choose between different hardware platforms, ranging from small low-power ARM-based designs to powerful multi-core, latest-generation Intel Atom gateway platforms, each featuring an excellent price / performance ratio in their respective classes.
In addition to the already available i.MX6 based ReliaGATE 10-20, the Eurotech family of ReliaGATE Development Kits has expanded with the following models:
• ReliaGATE 10-05, an ARM (NXP i.MX285) powered, very compact and efficient customizable IoT gateway for industrial applications at less than 2W.
• ReliaGATE 10-11, an ARM (TI AM335X Cortex-A8) powered, compact and customizable low power IoT gateway suitable for intensive workloads in industrial, lightly rugged and automotive applications.
• ReliaGATE 20-25, an Intel Atom (E38xx) powered, high-performance, and customizable IoT gateway for industrial and lightly rugged applications.
The IoT Development Kits include the selected gateway, validated device software (Operating System, Java, OSGi, Everyware Software Framework – ESF – IoT middleware), cables, adapters, documentation and a free trial account for Eurotech IoT Integration Platform Everyware Cloud. Eurotech IoT Development Kits are sold to product developers, software developers, and system integrators. They are designed to efficiently:
• Evaluate individual IoT Gateways including their I/O and networking functionality
• Develop software applications in Java for use with the end product
• Implement sophisticated security features
• Utilize readily-developed, proven remote management functions
• Leverage and test advanced embedded application management
• Integrate seamlessly with IT applications and infrastructure
The IoT Development Kits based on the ReliaGATE product family are shipping with Eurotech IoT device middleware Everyware Software Framework (ESF), a commercial enterprise-ready edition of Eclipse Kura, the open source Java/OSGi middleware for IoT gateways. Distributed and supported by Eurotech, ESF adds advanced security, diagnostics, provisioning, remote access and full integration with Everyware Cloud (EC), Eurotech IoT Integration Platform.
With ESF as a solid foundation, the resulting highly-modular and flexible device software architecture reduces development time drastically and dramatically improves both portability across hardware platforms and maintenance of the embedded applications over time.
“In IoT there is no ‘one size fits all’ answer – especially when it comes to IoT gateways” commented Giuseppe Surace, CPO of Eurotech. “Eurotech portfolio efficiently support most applications scenario. With the new range of IoT Development Kits, developers can select the best hardware for their applications from a price/performance perspective.”
Used on its own or in conjunction with Everyware Cloud, the Eurotech IoT Development Kits provide a fast Go-to-Market solution for projects of any size.
The IoT Development Kit based on the ReliaGATE 10-11 is available for orders today; availability of kits based on other ReliaGATE models will follow shortly.