WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Being a part of the IoT Cloud team means being surrounded by passionate, motivated, and enthusiastic developers who are determined to develop high level software solutions for the IoT Edge. The team is involved in state-of-the-art technology and have a chance to interact with large enterprise customers worldwide.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a software engineer you will work on all aspects of software product development including design, implementation and testing. You will employ cutting edge technologies, adopt good software engineering practices and an agile development cycle, and be part of a vibrant open source community.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build systems to collect, transport, store, and analyze data collected from devices
- Design, code, and test multi-tier distributed applications
- Engage and contribute in open-source communities
- Conduct feasibility and cost studies of custom software projects
WHO YOU ARE
Technical Expertise Required
- Strong skills in Java Programming including Object-Oriented Design
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum 2-year experience
- Strong programming ability in Java and C / C++
- Working experience developing scalable service-based and /or message-based applications – for instance RESTful web services, MQTT, AMQP, Kafka message protocols
- -Working experience developing with databases – for instance Hibernate, EclipseLink, JDBC
- Good experience working with Linux containers – for instance Docker, Podman, Docker Compose
- Comfortable with version control and project management tools – for instance Git and Maven
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- A team player with self-motivation
- Good knowledge of the English language
Technical Expertise Desired
Other skills that would be desirable include:
- Experience designing software for high volume and high scalable systems
- Secure computing, cryptographic protocols and communications security
- Developing microservices (e.g. Spring Boot, Quarkus, MicroProfile, J2EE servlet containers or other frameworks)
- Experience with messaging platforms (e.g. Apache Kafka, Apache ActiveMQ and message processing like Kafka Streams, Camel)
- Experience with container orchestration environments (e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Knowledge of Service Mesh and Service Registry frameworks (e.g. Istio, Zookeeper, Consul)
Ideally the candidate would have experience with Real-Time Web UIs development (Angular, GWT, GXT, Ajax / Comet / WebSocket), Cloud services management and administration (AWS, Azure, Docker) and Continuous Delivery pipelines and DevOps (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, Artifactory, Sonar), Agile Software Development and SCRUM, version control release management (Git and Maven).
Eurotech is a visionary leader in IoT and Edge AI technologies, acting with speed, dedication, and ambition. We empower our employees to have an impact on the business with what they do, everyday. Working in an environment where their expertise is valued and nurtured, our employees are trusted to be autonomous and do their best. Our values are reflected in our behaviours: we work with enthusiasm and an unwavering focus on our customers’ needs, within a culture of respect and integrity, realizing our passion for technology.