WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
The Hardware engineering team consists of incredibly talented, hardworking and cross-functional engineers based in Europe and the United States who design and develop best-in-class products using industry leading edge tools. You will join an international team of talented engineers and will be involved in state-of-art technology, interacting with large enterprise customers worldwide.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Hardware Design Engineer you develop, improve, and test components and systems including circuit boards, processors, and memory cards for embedded CPU boards, carrier boards, and IoT edge gateway and servers.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist the Software and Systems engineering teams to create complete product solutions.Highly technical, this role requires attention to detail through the design, deployment, and troubleshooting processes.
- Gathering data regarding equipment specifications, power requirements for digital and analog components.
- Preparing and maintaining documents throughout the design and development process
- Providing support to the Sales team in pre-Sales activities and to ensure specifications meet customer requirements
WHO YOU ARE
Technical Expertise Required
The candidate should have a solid hands-on experience in the design of the electronics of state of the art processor-based embedded systems.
Proven experience in the design of embedded complex electronic board products, including high speed 32/64-bit processor boards, from constructing the initial specification through to releasing a completed product
- Experience leading design projects, providing estimates and completing the design to agreed timescales
- Proven experience of high-performance microprocessor design
- Hand on experiences with electronic design tools like Orcad or DxDesigner (Mentor) and PADS
- Experience of working within a customer-oriented business combined with the ability to offer guidance and pro-actively suggest possible solutions
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Degree level qualification in an electronic design related subject and a 2-year experience within a design and development environment
- Design experience within current relevant EMC, WEEE, RoHS2, safety requirements.
Technical Expertise Desired
This role would benefit from knowledge of standards and norms for electronic devices in the sectors of industrial, railway, automotive, and / or defense as well as the regulatory, safety, and / or environmental certification process. Experience of working within a strict ISO9001 quality standard environment would be an advantage.
Eurotech is a visionary leader in IoT and Edge AI technologies, acting with speed, dedication, and ambition. We empower our employees to have an impact on the business with what they do, everyday. Working in an environment where their expertise is valued and nurtured, our employees are trusted to be autonomous and do their best. Our values are reflected in our behaviours: we work with enthusiasm and an unwavering focus on our customers’ needs, within a culture of respect and integrity, realizing our passion for technology.