Field Applications Engineer (Windows & Web Services)
This new role will provide vital support to the Eurotech sales process. It will suit graduate engineers with postgraduate experience of delivering solutions to tight timescales who are seeking to gain more customer facing, commercially oriented experience, whilst remaining in a significantly hands on technical role. You will assist in developing solution concepts which meet client’s requirements, describing and costing these to support the sales team in presentation of a proposal and, in certain cases, to assemble a working proof of concept, or technology demonstrator, to show the capability of Eurotech’s equipment and services in the clients intended application. You will directly support the Sales Team, writing device application software and/or analytics and dashboarding enterprise code in support of embedded Windows and Cloud opportunities as required. You will also provide technical support and assistance to customer engineering teams through the design-in phase, increasing the speed of adoption of Eurotech products and reducing the customer’s time to market. You will establish and maintain close technical ties to the customer to facilitate rapid resolution of customer issues and to also identify upgrade opportunities within existing accounts. The Field Applications Engineer will be able to influence decision makers by establishing themselves and Eurotech as a trusted partner to the client organisation.
• Assist in the pre-sales technical discussion of sales leads in order to define the technical customer requirements, identify and demonstrate potential solutions.
• Accompany sales staff on domestic and international travels and participate in technical conference calls as technical expert
• Support in-depth technical evaluation periods at customer’s site
• Support participation of Eurotech in international trade shows, exhibitions and industry events by technical demos
• Write application notes, quick-start guides, how-to documents
• Serve as a technical consultant to potential and existing customers, qualifying requirements and offering guidance as to the best solution
• Assist in the provision of accurate and timely cost estimation data and preparation of customer proposals in support of the Account Managers
• When in the office, assist the sales team with day-to-day technical questions
• Provide assistance with post-sales technical support when customers are at the development stage
• Training and developing staff within the Sales & Marketing Department
• Provide colleagues and management with regular project updates in a timely manner
• Perform any other duties as reasonably directed by your Manager
• Degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering subject, most probably in a software discipline.
• Ability to demonstrate capability in each of the key competence areas above
• Current full clean driving licence
Preferred Experience & Skills Required
• Software applications programming experience within the ‘embedded computer’ industry, ideally under Windows embedded operating systems.
• An understanding of integrating applications level software within embedded hardware and operating systems
• A sound technical understanding of computer systems
• Be highly IT and computer systems literate
• Possess a working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and the internet
• A good understanding of the interoperability of hardware
• Ability to provide technical support and troubleshooting
• Interested in pervasive and leading edge technology
• Ability to explain and simplify complex concepts
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a natural ability to work with a variety of personalities
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Display enthusiasm and an energetic approach to the role – be prepared to offer innovative solutions and challenge the status quo
• The ability to produce and deliver professional sales proposals and sales presentations of products and solutions to technical, commercial and directorate staff within customer organisations
• Ability to understand customer usage requirements and suggest suitably configured design solutions to meet customer requirements
• Have sensitivity to customer relations, objectives and be able to meet their expectations
• Commercial interest – curiosity to understand the business benefits and commercial realities and risks from both the Company’s and customer’s perspective.
It is critical that the individual in this role is a highly motivated, self driven person, who is prepared to go the extra ‘mile’ to make a difference as Eurotech has an established reputation for quality product and technical support. Good communication skills, both written and oral are essential, as is presenting an appropriate professional appearance at all times. Part of the role will be to bring your recently gained knowledge into the organisation, suggesting innovative solutions to customer requirements and challenging the status quo.
Cambridge based with travel to customers, suppliers and sub-contractors, both in the UK and overseas, and Group companies as required.
The detail in this job description reflects the key content of the job. However, it is inevitable that, over time, the nature of the job may change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
: Submit your CV to email@example.com
: +44 (0)1223 403 419
3 Clifton Court