Jobs and Careers
At Eurotech Ltd, you'll be a member of a dynamic international team with opportunities for professional growth, learning, and collaboration. Our growing company relies on our employees to meet the needs of a demanding technology market and we welcome inquiries from motivated and talented people.
If you are interested in employment at Eurotech Ltd, please send your CV and covering letter to our Human Resources department. Qualified candidates may apply for the open position in one of the following ways:
: Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
: +44 (0)1223 403 419
3 Clifton Court
1. Embedded Linux Engineer
Eurotech is seeking an exceptional engineer with solid hands-on experience with the Linux operating system – from kernel and device drivers to application development.
In addition to maintaining and developing Linux support across Eurotech’s line of embedded products, the candidate will actively contribute to existing Linux development and Eurotech’s award winning Everyware™ Cloud Internet of Things (IoT) program. By learning and employing the most recent tools and techniques, including advanced configuration management and cloud-based solutions, Eurotech aims at more automated quality control and predictable delivery times.
The position is based in Cambridge, UK. The candidate will join a multi-national team of incredibly talented, hardworking developers based in Europe and the United States and will have the opportunity to support customers worldwide.
• Develop embedded Linux distributions, board support packages and device drivers for Eurotech embedded hardware, including x86 and ARM based platforms
• Organize, automate and manage Linux distributions across Eurotech’s portfolio of products, across chip architectures and platform versions
• Provide feasibility and cost studies for custom software projects
• Provide support and guidance to the systems development and systems application teams to create complete product solutions
• An in-depth technical understanding of the Linux Operating system
• Proven experience with Linux, its configuration, kernel, driver, and application development
• Experience with Linux Networking Configuration (iptables, routing, cellular, wifi)
• Knowledge of security techniques and best practices
• Excellent programming skills (C, Shell Scripting)
• Experience of developing low level software
• Experience with GCC/GNU Linux tool chain and cross compiling
• Comfortable with version control and release management e.g. Git
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Can’t be afraid of wires, termination blocks, or jumper cables
• Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Open Embedded or the Yocto project
• Experience with Wind River Linux and Wind River Workbench
• Bootloader porting (e.g. U-Boot)
• Creating and integrating (JNI) Java Native Interfaces to Linux
• Experience with Java programming
• Experience with Linux configuration management tools like cobbler, kickstart, puppet and chef are highly welcome
• Android development experience - particularly low level Android porting and not just application development
• Experience with industry specific protocols such as Bluetooth LE, Modbus, CanBus, Zigbee, I2C, SPI, PWM, or others is highly welcome.
• Experience with Agile Software Development and SCRUM
• Degree, or equivalent in an electronic or software subject and significant C/C++ programming experience with Linux at kernel building and device driver development level
• Demonstrate the required level of capability in each of the key competence areas above
Required Personal Characteristics
• Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and be detailed oriented
• Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
• A team player with self-motivation
• Display enthusiasm and an energetic approach
• An assertive and friendly personality with a confident and proactive nature
• Highly motivated and self-driven individual, who is prepared to go the extra ‘mile’ to make a difference
Please send your application to email@example.com
including your Name and Surname in the email subject.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Back to Top