- Increase in share capital approved
- Addition to the articles of association of the option to increase share capital without option rights of up to 10% of existing capital levels
- Elimination of the par value of ordinary shares
Amaro (UD), 5 June 2006
Eurotech shareholders, in their extraordinary meeting held today, have approved:
- the option for the board of directors to increase share capital through one or more divisible share issues within one year from the date of this approval and for a total of no more than Euro110 million, including any share premium, as well as to establish the methods, terms and conditions for the increase on a case-by-case basis;
- the addition to the articles of association of the option to increase share capital without option rights in the amount of up to 10% of existing capital levels;
- the elimination of the par value of Eurotech ordinary shares.
The current authorization for the Eurotech S.p.A. board of directors is to be enacted in the near future in order to increase share capital - subject to obtaining the required authorizations and assuming that market conditions allow it - in order to offer such shares as options to shareholders by the end of this year.
The increase in the company's share capital is part of a plan to provide adequate financial support to management strategies, which calls for a constant, gradual increase in the international size and presence of the Eurotech Group. The strategy currently in place calls for a combination of internal growth, supported by the constant development of the existing product catalogue and the introduction of innovative new products (e.g. wearable PCs), and external growth, in part through strategic alliances and acquisitions in order to take advantage of any market opportunities that should present themselves.
Mediobanca Banca di Credito Finanziario S.p.A. has stated that it is willing to promote the consortium that will ensure the success of the transaction.