High Performance, MIL-STD Qualified DuraNET 4948 Delivers 52-Ports of Cisco IOS Managed Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Network Connectivity
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, 23 January 2012 (AFCEA WEST Booth #1817)
- Eurotech subsidiary Parvus Corporation announces the DuraNET® 4948
, a ruggedized version of Cisco Systems’ high performance Catalyst 4948E data center switch with forty-eight (48) downlink and four (4) uplink ports in a hardened 2U chassis qualified to meet MIL-STD-810G environmental and MIL-STD-461F EMI requirements. This powerful, multilayer switch enables demanding military and civil IP networking technology refresh programs to leverage the best that Cisco switching technology has to offer, but in a ruggedized 19” rack mount solution suitable for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) applications.
This rugged Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) product extends the application use of industry-leading Cisco hardware through mechanical enhancement that support deployment of data and multimedia services in wider thermal, shock, vibration, altitude, and humidity conditions than offered by the standard commercial Cisco version. The DuraNET 4948
integrates redundant aircraft-grade power supplies, internal heaters, enhanced heatsinking, and upgraded cooling fans with efficient front-to-back chassis airflow management to reduce data center operating costs.
Suitable for demanding military ground vehicle, aircraft, and maritime installations, the DuraNET 4948
comes equipped with rugged MIL-38999 connector interfaces, bringing out a total of 48 Gigabit Ethernet downlinks, plus three 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (2 Copper/1 Fiber) and a Gigabit Fiber uplink. The unit features Cisco’s full-featured Enterprise Services IOS software image with the advanced Quality of Service (QoS), high availability, security, and manageability that customers expect from Cisco for critical data center architectures, including advanced Layer 3 routing protocol support, 3DES encryption and network management tools.
KEY FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
• Cisco Technology: Ruggedized Version of Cisco Catalyst 4948E Ethernet Switch with Best-in-Class Enterprise Services IOS® Software, Advanced QoS, IPv6 Support, Advanced Routing Protocols, BGP, 3DES
• High Performance: Non-Blocking 176-Gbps Aggregate Throughput with Large 17.5 MB Shared Buffer Optimized to Handle Microbursts, Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) with 8 Queues/per Port, and Data Center Server Virtualization Support for Larger Layer 2 Domains
• High Port Density: 48x 10/100/10000 Gigabit Ethernet Downlinks; 2x 10Gig Ethernet; 1x 10Gig and 1x 1 Gig Multi-Mode Fiber Uplinks; 1x RS-232 Serial Console and 1x 10/100 Management
• Ruggedization: Transient-Protected Power Supply for MIL Aircraft / Vehicle Use; Qualified to meet MIL-STD-810 Thermal, Shock, Vibration, Altitude, Humidity, Conditions and MIL-STD-461 for EMI/EMC; Rugged 2U, Aluminum Chassis with Front-to-Back Airflow; Circular MIL-DTL-38999 Connectors for Reliable Network Connections; Conformal Coated Boards for Humidity and Tin-Whisker Mitigation
DuraNET 4948 units have begun shipping. Contact email@example.com for pricing and updated production availability information. For additional specifications or to download a product datasheet, visit www.eurotech.com/en/products/DuraNET 4948