DuraNET® 3000 Adds Mechanical and Electrical Enhancements to Modular Cisco Industrial Ethernet Switch for Vehicle and Aircraft Compatibility
Amaro (Italy), 17 August 2011
– Eurotech subsidiary Parvus announces the DuraNET® 3000
, a ruggedized version of the IE-3000 industrial Ethernet switch from Cisco Systems, specifically hardened for use in demanding military / civil IP networking technology refresh and C4ISR situational awareness applications. This fully managed network switch delivers the security, advanced Quality of Service (QoS), high availability, and manageability that customers expect from Cisco IOS-based switching technology, but with mechanical enhancements to support deployment of data, video, and voice services in extreme temperatures, shock, vibration, and humidity, as well as exposure to dust, water, and demanding EMI/EMC environments. Customers can view the Parvus DuraNET 3000 at the AUVSI Unmanned Systems North America Expo Aug 16-19 in DC and at the AFCEA LandWarNet Expo Aug 23-25 in Tampa.
“The DuraNET 3000 presents military and aerospace customers with a powerful ruggedized IE-3000 switch solution, delivering Cisco’s latest IOS networking management tools, protocols, and software capabilities in a mechanically hardened package ready for extreme application use,”
said Parvus Marketing Director Mike Southworth. “While Cisco developed the IE-3000 specifically for harsh industrial network environments, such as the factory floor or utility substation, Parvus has taken ruggedization to a whole new level with the DuraNET 3000. Parvus’ hardened design now extends Cisco’s proven industrial Ethernet switch technologies into vehicle, airborne, shipboard and other extreme applications.”
Like Parvus’ DuraNET 2955 switch, which is based on the Cisco’s previous generation industrial Ethernet switch (the Catalyst 2955), the DuraNET 3000
requires no active cooling, is completely sealed in a rugged aluminum enclosure, and provides interfaces over MIL-C-38999 style connectors. Leveraging the modular nature of the IE-3000 hardware, the DuraNET 3000 subsystem comes in several configurations to flexibly scale Ethernet port density from ten (10) to eighteen (18) or twenty-six (26) Ethernet ports. This enables customers to match size, weight, and power (SWaP), along with cost and functional requirements to program needs. Suitable for ground vehicle and aircraft installations, the DuraNET 3000 features MIL-STD-1275 / 704 transient protection and MIL-STD-461 filtering, and is designed to meet MIL-STD-810 environmental conditions.
KEY FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
• Cisco Technology: Ruggedized Version of Cisco IE-3000 Industrial Ethernet Switch with Best-in-Class Layer 2 LAN IOS or Layer 3 IP Services IOS Software Support
• IOS Management: Data, Video, and Voice Service Features for Security, QoS, and High Availability: TCP, UDP, Telnet, IGMP, IP, RADIUS, SNMP, RMON, DHCP, HTTPS, VLAN, Cisco Network Assistant, Cisco, CLI over Serial, Cisco Device Manager over Web Browser, Layer 3 IP Services Support Inter-VLAN Routing, Advanced Routing Protocols, i.e. Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Static Routing, VRF Lite, Multicast Routing.
• Interfaces: 2x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink Ports + 8x, 16x, or 24x Fast Ethernet Ports; RS232 Serial Console.
• Ruggedization: Designed to meet MIL-STD-810 Shock, Vibration, Thermal Conditions; -40 to +71°C Fanless Extended Temperature Operation with No Moving Parts; Aluminum Chassis Sealed Against Water, Dust, and EMI; Filtered Transient-Protected Power Supply for MIL Aircraft / Vehicle Use; Circular MIL-DTL-38999 Connectors for Reliable Network Connections.
Pre-production DuraNET 3000 units have begun shipping. Contact email@example.com
for pricing and updated production availability information. For additional specifications or to download a product datasheet, visit DuraNET 3000 product page