Cisco IOS-Managed DuraMAR® 5915 Delivers SWaP-Optimized, Ultra-Rugged MIL/COTS Migration Path for Cisco 3200 Mobile Router Platforms
Amaro (Italy), 16 August 2011
– Eurotech subsidiary Parvus announces the DuraMAR 5915
, an ultra-rugged Commercial-Off the Shelf (COTS) mobile router subsystem based on the new 5915 Embedded Services Router (ESR) card from Cisco Systems. Optimized for Size, Weight and Power (SWaP), as well as mechanical robustness under extreme environmental conditions per MIL-STD-810G (thermal, shock, vibration, humidity, dust, water), the DuraMAR 5915
enables prime contractors and civilian agencies to deploy Cisco Mobile Ready Net capabilities, including data, video, and voice services virtually anywhere LAN or WAN connectivity may be required, particularly in mobile, airborne, ground, manned or unmanned vehicle applications. Customers can view the Parvus DuraMAR 5915 at the AUVSI Unmanned Systems North America Expo Aug. 16-19 in DC and at the AFCEA LandWarNet Expo Aug. 23-25 in Tampa.
“With the DuraMAR 5915, Parvus couples Cisco’s latest mobile networking technology with innovative rugged enclosure design to address environmental and functional requirements of military vehicle and aircraft applications,”
said Parvus Director of Marketing Mike Southworth. “The DuraMAR 5915 is an ideal solution for IP networking technology refresh and situational awareness applications, including those seeking a migration path for legacy Cisco 3200-based router subsystems. Legacy 3200 Series customers gain hardware performance and software feature improvements with the new system, along with a smaller, lighter, and even more rugged chassis and MIL-STD power supply.”
The DuraMAR 5915 features dual WAN uplinks and is available as either a standalone 5 port (2+3) network router or with an integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch for a total of 19 Ethernet ports to extends Ethernet port density and switching bandwidth beyond the standard commercial Cisco 5915 product.
With software built upon the Cisco 3270 IOS architecture, the DuraMAR 5915 delivers the performance, security, advanced Quality of Service (QoS), high availability and manageability expected from Cisco Enterprise IOS-based routing technology. The unit supports extensive IPv4 and IPv6 routing protocols, IP multicasting, Radio Aware Routing (RAR), Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) and Mobile IP routing for transparent connectivity to a roaming vehicle network in Comms on the Move (COTM) applications. An onboard AES hardware encryption engine offloads encryption processing from the router to provide highly secure yet scalable data, video, and voice services.
Leveraging stackable PC104 subassemblies and a modular enclosure design, the DuraMAR 5915 unit is completely sealed, requires no active cooling, provides interfaces over MIL-C-38999 style connectors, and features a military-grade power supply supporting aircraft (MIL-STD-704F) and ground/marine (MIL-STD-1275D) vehicle voltage inputs, pikes, and transient levels, as well as MIL-STD-461F EMI/EMC filtering.
KEY FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
• Cisco Technology: Ruggedized Cisco 5915 Router with Enterprise IOS Software for Robust Security, Management, QoS, VLAN, IPv4 / IPv6 Routing, IP Mobility, Interoperability; Integrated Services Router (ISR) Features Support Concurrent Data, Video, and Voice Services, as well as Firewall and Hardware AES Encryption Acceleration
• Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Switch: Integrated Parvus Gigabit Ethernet Switch Option to Scale Port Density to 19 Ethernet Ports for Higher Port Density Application Requirements; Modular, Open Architecture Rugged COTS PC104 Hardware Design
• Ruggedization: Designed for MIL-810G Shock, Vibration, Thermal, Altitude, Humidity; -40 to +71C Fanless Extended Temp Operation with No Moving Parts; Corrosion-Resistant, Aluminum Chassis Sealed Against Water, Dust, EMI; Circular MIL-DTL-38999 Connectors for Reliable Network Connections; Filtered, Transient-Protected Power Supply for Aircraft and Vehicle Use; Designed to MIL-461F Conducted/Radiated Emissions & Susceptibility; Data Zeroization Support to Erase Sensitive Information
• Applications: Civil and Military Tactical In-Vehicle Layer Switching / WAN Routing; 24V / 28V Ground Vehicle / Aircraft / Maritime Installations; C4ISR Situational Awareness / Technology Refresh / Retrofit / LRU
Pre-production DuraMAR 5915 units will begin shipping Q4 2011. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for pricing and updated production availability information. For additional specifications or to download a product datasheet, visit DuraMAR 5915 product page