Eurotech Catalyst LP to help individuals with speech challenges communicate using the DynaVox® V™ and Vmax™ communication devices
Amaro (Italy), July 20th, 2010
– Eurotech, a leading supplier of embedded technologies, products, and systems, today announces multiple contracts with DynaVox to deliver the Catalyst LP and Catalyst Module embedded computers for the DynaVox V, Vmax and Xpress™ alternative augmentative communication (AAC) devices. The combined value of these contracts is nearly 4.2M USD, with deliveries to be made in 2010 and 2011.
Last year, DynaVox chose the Eurotech Catalyst Module for their Xpress™ speech-generating device. This successful engagement allows DynaVox to leverage Eurotech’s previous integration efforts for a faster product development cycle.
DynaVox chose the Eurotech Catalyst LP product based on several factors, including the following:
• Eurotech first to market with new processor technology, Intel® Atom™ processor N450 and D510
• New Catalyst LP meets the DynaVox goals of high performance in small form factor
• DynaVox’s ability to leverage Catalyst Module design, development and integration expertise from the earlier DynaVox Xpress™ speech-generating device project
• Strong relationship and proven support from Eurotech team
“Eurotech was very quick to offer an embedded computer based on Intel’s latest processors. With the Catalyst LP, we can update our handheld augmentative communication devices with cutting-edge technology so we can offer even more speech-assistive capabilities in a small form factor product,” said Bob Cunningham, Chief Technology Officer for DynaVox. “Working with the Catalyst family of products lets us optimize our engineering resources and build on existing solutions that we know work for our product roadmap.”
DynaVox’s speech-generating devices help those living with conditions such as autism, ALS, cerebral palsy, stroke, traumatic brain injury or Down syndrome communicate with their loved ones and participate in the educational classroom and in work settings.
“Eurotech significantly improves the time-to-market for our customers by offering the latest processor technology as soon as it hits the market,” said Greg Nicoloso, Eurotech CEO. “We have an ongoing relationship with DynaVox, and we were able to meet their product introduction schedule in 2010 by providing multiple versions of the Catalyst LP product with single and dual core technology.”
Eurotech is a Microsoft Windows Embedded Gold Partner, and an Associate member of Intel’s Embedded and Communications Alliance.
Case Study on DynaVox Xpress™