DuraNAS 1000 rugged network attached storage (NAS) for harsh environment applications
Amaro (Italy), February 16th, 2010
– Eurotech announces availability of the DuraNAS 1000 rugged Network Attached Storage (NAS).
• Ideal for Public Transportation, Security and Defense markets
• Video surveillance and multimedia applications
• Compact enclosure with standard M12 connector for data storage in a harsh environment
• Up to 1 TB of storage – Solid State Disk versions – RAID 1 storage
• POE: no need for an external power supply
• Quick and easy setup thanks to its DHCP client interface
• Fully compliant with EN 50155 for rolling stock installations
• Wide operating temperature range
The DuraNAS 1000 provides reliable high capacity Network Attached Storage (NAS) to IP-based systems installed on rolling stocks as well as in all applications where a rugged device designed for harsh environment is required.
The DuraNAS 1000 is ideally suited to complement the DuraCOR-NVR video recording system by providing expandable and removable mass storage for compressed video data.
The DuraNAS 1000 is a network device which can be accessed from anywhere the network is accessible, even from remote locations.
An Ethernet interface to mass storage is a reliable interconnection technology in harsh environment applications where EMC and immunity to electromagnetic interference are key requirements. Long cables are supported and the inherent insulation of Ethernet increases the operational reliability of the DuraNAS 1000 compared to other technologies such as USB2.0.
A high-performance NAS controller chip is used to bridge two 2.5” SATA HDDs to a 10/100Mbit Ethernet interface.
Extensive measures have been taken to ensure reliable operation under all conditions and compatibility with internationally respected standards. The sealed Ethernet I/O connector, a Power Over Ethernet (POE) power supply and a compact rugged mechanical enclosure increase field reliability.
The Eurotech NAS system is intended to be used together with an external DuraCOR NVR and provides storage for up to 30 days of compressed video. Two DuraNAS 1000 can be joined for redundancy or capacity expansion.