Amaro, UD, Italy, 22 Oct 2009
— Eurotech announces the availability of its DuraNET® 1268 Gigabit Ethernet switch, an ideal Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) IP networking solution to enhance situational awareness in Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)-constrained aircraft, tactical ground vehicles and maritime assets.
The DuraNET 1268 is a compact, rugged Layer 2+ Gigabit Ethernet switch subsystem equipped with ten triple-speed 10/100/1000Mbps ports for connecting IPv4 and IPv6 compatible computing devices onboard demanding network-centric (un)manned vehicle and aircraft platforms. Designed for very demanding MIL-STD-810F environmental and MIL-STD-1275/704/461 vehicle power and EMI conditions, the unit features all industrial temperature grade components, near cable-less design, a fully submersible chassis and no moving parts for maximum reliability.
The unit features an onboard microprocessor for local/remote control and monitoring, as well as support for Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization, Virtual Local-Area Network (VLAN) trunking, and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) redundancy. To enhance security and system management, the unit integrates recoverable data zeroization capabilities for declassifying switch data, along with RS-232 Command Line Interface (CLI) and Ethernet management ports. This GigE switch can operate as a standalone network switch for intra-vehicle device communication or as a companion device for Layer 3 mobile routers, such as Eurotech' DuraMAR®, to expand onboard Ethernet port density.
• 10x Gigabit Ethernet LAN Ports
• RS-232 Console w/ Command Line Interface (CLI) or Ethernet Web GUI
• Conduction-Cooled, Aluminum Chassis with MIL-C-38999 Connectors
• Small Form Factor: <5 lbs Weight, <4” Height
• MIL-STD-1275D/ MIL-STD-704E Vehicle Power Supply with Voltage/Surge Protection
• Designed to MIL-STD-810F (Shock, Vibration, Temp, Humidity, Altitude, Immersion)
• Designed to MIL-STD-461E (Radiated & Conducted Emissions and Susceptibility)
• Data Zeorization Support for Secure Data
• 802.1Q Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) Trunking
• 802.1P Class of Service (CoS) / Quality of Service (Qos) Traffic Prioritization
• 802.1d/w Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
General production availability is scheduled for Q1 2010.