Configurable Helios™ Platform Allows OEMs to Speed Time to Market with Industrial, Application-Ready Device
Amaro, UD, Italy, 8 Sept 2009
- Eurotech Group, a leading supplier of embedded technologies, products, and systems, announces today that it is launching the highly configurable Helios™
edge controller platform. The Helios platform offers data access and control on the edge of the cloud, to aggregate and deliver data from edge devices, pervasive sensors, and distributed monitors to the network core for further analysis and action. The Helios platform offers the greatest possible flexibility:
• Flexible hardware: Select an Intel Atom® Series Z5xx processor-based configuration, at up to 1.6 GHz with memory and video display options
• Software options: Choose Windows Embedded Standard, Windows CE 6.0 or Wind River Linux 3.0 for the operating system.
• Programmable: Programmable: Quickly go-to-market with simple to use APIs offered within the Eurotech Everyware™ Software Framework (ESF)
• Connectivity choices: Use wired or pre-certified wireless network services for devices for cellular, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi access within the secure and rugged USB bay area.
The Eurotech Helios platform can be equipped with the Eurotech ESF middleware to offer the industry’s first easily programmable edge controller system. With ESF, OEMs have a Java-based middleware framework as a starting point for their application coding, leading to faster time to market and ultimately, future-proofing and greater market success.
“Combining our configurable hardware platform, Helios, with the ESF middleware gives Eurotech customers the greatest range of flexibility, in I/O options, connectivity choices, and object-oriented programming,” comments Arlen Nipper, President and CTO at Eurotech, Inc. “The Helios platform is the next step in our product progression, and gives our customers the ability to go to market quickly with proven embedded hardware and software technology in a truly application-ready and programmable package.”
“With the Helios platform, Eurotech launches a packaged device that makes it easy for OEMs to select Intel-based architectures for applications that are part of the 15 billion connected devices Intel sees in the near future,” said Joe Jensen, general manager, Embedded and Computing Division, Intel. “With software and hardware configurability, Eurotech offers leading Intel technology to give OEMs a high degree of flexibility to deliver medical, transportation, or industrial applications to precisely meet their users’ needs.”
Eurotech designs and manufactures a range of innovative embedded single board computers, application-ready platforms and configurable systems for customers who operate within the transportation, medical, communications, defense, security, and industrial industries.
The Helios platform will be generally available in the first quarter of 2010.