Latest Software Release Improves VPN Transfer and Encryption Capabilities
Columbia, MD and San Francisco, CA
- August 5, 2008 – Eurotech Inc., a leading provider of application-ready embedded computer systems, today announces ZyWAN Cellular Routing Modem software release 1.6. The ZyWAN enables original equipment manufacturers and application service providers to quickly develop and deploy routing solutions for vertical market applications that depend on cellular connectivity and enhanced communication security.
Security and administrative improvements in release 1.6 include:
* VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) enabled through IPSec, VPNc or MPPE - VPN support adds security to data transfer and makes IP connections to the ZyWAN over the cellular networks, eliminating the risk of public interference.
* Updated JVM with CDC-1.1/Foundation-1.1 support - New Java features are based on J2SE 1.4.2, which introduces security updates and supports IPv6 and Unicode 3.
* Upgraded WiFi encryption standards to support WPA and WPA2 - The 802.11b adapter now provides newly adopted encryption standards both as an access point and server, allowing the ZyWAN to serve more applications in wireless environments.
* New GUI Status Page – The GUI status web page provides diagnostic information in real-time that includes at-modem signal strength, noise ratios, and assigned IP address in addition to other data.
“Security encryption methodologies are often placed lower on the priority list for this industry due to the lack of processing capabilities and device hardware.” said Eurotech Inc.’s president and CTO, Arlen Nipper. “Security is a critical component in successfully implementing complete wireless end-to-end data analysis, data delivery, and data visualization capabilities over cellular networks. These new features give Eurotech OEM and ASP customers the cellular routing platform to achieve it.”
The ZyWAN cellular routing modem offers secure and robust connections to CDMA, EVDO, GSM/GPRS, 3G, and iDEN cellular networks. It provides real-time access to any Ethernet, 802.11 or serial device for mobile and fixed data applications. For developers, the ZyWAN comes ready for programming in AEL embedded Linux distribution and J2ME (IBMJ9), and OSGI (Eclipse). The ZyWAN is an Application Ready Platform enabling open source, custom and existing software applications to run seamlessly.
Eurotech Inc. is an Associate Member of the Intel® Embedded and Communications Alliance and a contributor to the Debian Open Source community. See live demonstrations of the ZyWAN cellular routing modem in Booth 1316 at the LinuxWorld Conference, August 5-7 in San Francisco, CA.
About Eurotech Inc.
Eurotech Inc. is a global leader in the design, development and production of application-ready embedded computer systems. Eurotech Inc. architects systems that help companies bring their products to market quickly through the latest technologies with advanced graphics capabilities, low-power consumption, and robust functionality. Eurotech Inc. specializes in helping customers connect their applications to the latest available wireless, mobile and enabling technologies. Eurotech Inc. is a Maryland-based subsidiary of Eurotech Group, S.p.A. For more information, please visit the Eurotech Inc website at http://www.eurotech-inc.com or call 800-541-2003.